Your home is most likely one of your largest investments. If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance. Homeowner’s insurance offers financial protection against disasters. Policies insure both the home itself and the things inside it. Homeowner’s insurance protects you financially if something unexpectedly happens to your home or possessions.
As a “package policy,” homeowner’s insurance not only covers damage to your property, but also your legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This even includes damage caused by household pets.
Most disasters are covered by homeowners insurance, although there are a few exceptions which require separate policies: flood and earthquake. Additionally, homeowners insurance will not cover damages caused by poor maintenance.
Your Kahlr & Company Insurance Agent can help you find the right policy that meets your specific needs.
Possible scenarios for homeowner insurance coverage:
- Repairs or replacement if your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster
- To help pay expenses and offer liability protection if a guest in your home is injured
- To pay for loss or repairs if you are a victim of theft or vandalism
Things to consider when speaking with your Kahrl & Company Insurance Agent:
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed?
- Will Kahrl & Company review my home’s features and the things I own so I can make an informed decision about coverage?
- What is Kahrl & Company’s record for paying claims?
- Are any discounts available, including multiple policy, security system and fire alarm and resistance?
- How do I process and settle a claim? Who do I call and how does the process work?
- Finally, always be sure to read your policy thoroughly, so you know exactly what’s included and what is not. Kahrl & Company is always available for questions or concerns.